Frostpunk [v 1.0.1] (2018) PC | GOG | size:4.93 GB
Genre: Simulation, Strategy, Survival
Developer / Publisher: 11 bit studios
Language: EN / FR / DE / ES / CN / PL +Russian
Publication Type: License
Frostpunk - the first game in the genre of "survival of society." As the ruler of the last city on earth, you will manage its inhabitants and infrastructure. What decisions will you make in the name of survival? How will you behave at a turning point? Whom will you become?Features
Frostpunk - a game about the survival of the city, where heat is life, and every solution has its own price. Your task is to build the last city on earth and provide people with everything necessary for survival.
Hope and the will to live are the guarantee of survival. The ability to awaken and support them in people will be the decisive factor of your success.
Society is a group of people who obey general laws and share beliefs. Adopt laws that regulate the life of a growing population. Set working hours, provide medical assistance and food, and also define other aspects of daily life. Give people hope and satisfy their needs - maintaining the morale of people is also important, how to give them food and shelter.
Some of your decisions - for example, about helping a person in need or a compromise with a new faction - may seem insignificant, but remember that in total your actions can lead to unexpected results. People have trusted you, but their loyalty is not unlimited. Power can become a burden.
Survival is impossible without progress. React to current events, but do not forget about the long term and invest in development and technological progress. It will not be easy to create an advanced infrastructure with independent avtomatonami, aircraft and other technological miracles, but it is achievable. It all depends on your managerial and leadership skills.
When the turning point comes, be determined and determine the path of your people. Will you rule with an iron hand ... or will you show people the path of compassion and faith? Go to extremes or try to find a reasonable balance? Whatever you choose, remember: there's no turning back.Update v 1.0.1
Below you can find the CHANGELOG:
- Default display mode detection fix - we know you've experienced some issues with screen resolutions; it should be all fixed now
- more diagnostics tools - we've added some analytics that will help us track and fix issues in the future
- "Bread and Games" achievement is "right now
" - "The
Iron Man (The Arks)" achievement is fixed - now it's only possible to get it during the Arks scenario
- Memory leaks are fixed - which should improve stability and overall performance (more FPS, less crashes etc.).
- Save game buffer memory increased - which should eliminate any issues that you had with autosaving feature
Added feature: AlienFX.
Working with Alienware, we've added new feature to our game - which should brighten up. Frostpunk's dark atmoshpere a bit. If you're using compatible hardware:
- Your keyboard's backlight colors will change depending on the temperature in your city. And let's just say: if you see some purple lights.
- Weather warnings - when the temperature rises or falls - your keyboard will let you know about it, pulsating with coresponding colors.
Screen resolutions issue - manual solution.
Remember that one of the pesky issues that we have mentioned in "changes and fixes" section? The one about resolutions? Well, we've fixed it. However, it's not humanly possible to test it on each and every hardware configuration. So if you - for some strange reason - still encounter this problem, do not despair, we have a solution for you.
Long story short:
we've added a special file to the game's folder. It is called "GfxConfig.ini"
You can open it using Notepad - that's easy! then you can change some setting by yourself-like Quality (Low-Very High), VSync, resolution, windowed mode / fullscreen for these settings to work-you have to launch the game with -gfxconfig parameter (find instructions on how to do that below) when you start the game, you can change it in-game settings as you please, however, if you start the game again with -gfxconfig parameter - it will reset to settings from the GfxConfig.ini file if you remove the -gfxconfig parameter - game will launch with the settings that you have selected in-game.
So, we are sure that most of you are going to:
1) Set windowed mode with a low resolution (800x600) in GfxConfig.ini
2) Launch the game with -gfxconfig parameter
3) Change the settings to desired ones
4) Quit the game
5) Remove the -gfxconfig and launch the game without it from now on
How do I add -gfxconfig parameter?
- Right-click on Frostpunk in your Steam library;
- Navigate to the "Local files" tab and click on "Browse Local Files ...";
- New explorer window with the game files will open, please find "Frostpunk.exe" in the folder;
- Create a shortcut to the application in the very same folder;
- Right-click on the newly-created shortcut, select "Properties";
- In the "Target" line, add "-gfxconfig" at the very end of the path (without the inverted commas but with the space before the dash character);
- Apply the changes;
- Launch the game using the newly-created and edited shortcutInstallation
Install the game, following the instructions of the installation program;
Video Quality 100%System requirements:
Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 (64 Bit)
Processor: Intel® Core ™ i3 2.66 GHz
Memory: 4096 Mb
Sound card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card
Graphics accelerator: 2048 Mb, OpenGL 3.0
Free place on HDD: 5 Gb